Wednesday 28 May 2014

WD40 4eva!

Wow, so here's something I wouldn't have believed....

Where my vanity sat against the tiled wall, there was the biggest, deepest strip of silicone I've ever seen (ok, yes, I put it there a few years ago) which had to be removed before I paint the tiles on that wall.

And for the last few days I have been scraping at it and picking at it and cutting it and gouging it and painting chemicals on it - anything to make it budge.  But no go.  I'd managed to get little chunks and slivers off the top, but the thing was stuck, well and truly.

So this morning, I just thought, "why not?" and doused it with WD40.  After 10 minutes I gave it a little prod and woah!  The whole strip just lifted out with zero effort!  I swear there is nothing that WD40 cannot do.

Here's the offending strip of sililcone...


And here's the lovely, beautiful, wonderful empty gap left behind ...


So now, it's onward with the painting.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment