Thursday 14 August 2014

On to the wall

I've decided to fill the dining room wall with shelving, but, as usual, don't want to spend any money.  So it turns out I have a few white melamine bookcases around the house that I can use and have been emptying and shuffling to free them up for this space.

The first one went in yesterday morning.

(ignore the wooden cabinet on the left)
The blue cushions are because I couldn't stand all the white, even though I know the shelves will all be filled up eventually.  I've decided to paint the backs of the bookcases (2 more to come) and I think blue is the right choice.

I was considering a denimy blue, but this morning, the natural light was so beautiful in there and I suddenly new that it had to be light blue.  Specifically, it's going to be "Angora Blue" from Dulux.  And the table (rescued from the backyard) will be Dulux's "Stream" with a white top.

No comments:

Post a Comment