Saturday 7 June 2014

Cabinet Transformed

The sea of green and white in the bathroom was starting to feel a bit bland and I decided it needed a little bit of colour.



The white cabinet on the white tiles with white, white, white all around was getting me down, and I haven't even done the bath yet, so I decided to paint it.  Another Taubmans colour, this one was called "Quirky."  Aubergine, I'd say.  I thought it would lift up the green walls.


I'm pretty happy with it.  I was scared that the colour would be too light, but it's perfect. And the little silver handles finish it nicely, although I would still like to change the tapware.  I did manage to lift off some of my tile paint with painter's tape, but I'm hoping I can touch that up pretty easily.

I also salvaged a trough planter from the backyard, rust treated it and repainted it with a little old tin of Rustguard epoxy enamel that I found in my laundry.  I've been waiting all week for it to dry and it was still a little tacky, but I decided to go ahead and put it on the wall anyway.

I hope it might work to keep some towels in.  I had no idea, though, that epoxy enamel would take so long to dry!  Maybe it's because the paint was so old?  But still tacky after one week .. hmm .. I think it might be a few months before I can think about putting any towels in there!

And finally, here's Molly thinking that the bird on the branch might be worth a closer look...




Next step will be putting the shower door together (fingers crossed it works!) and then, finally, the bath.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment