Monday 9 June 2014

Shower Door Finale!

OMG!!  The shower door worked!!!!!

So I bought a sheet of clear polycarbonate corrugated roofing from Bunnings ($19) and used those 3 jarrah planks from my old outdoor table, put it altogether and hinged it to the wall with gate hinges.  And voila!





I can hardly believe that it worked.  I've attached it to the door frame, mainly because I didn't have a tile drill bit, so I really hope that holds it long term.  And I thought I might need something to stop it from swinging right into the shower, but it hangs wonderfully even (?!) and doesn't really need anything.

And, as you can see in the photo, the top corner is curving over a little, but I hope that is as much as it's going to be.  The polycarbonate is quite floppy, but I'm hoping the corrugations will help it hold its shape.

So that's it!  The door is done ... woot!!  Can't wait to take a shower.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment